As a UX Designer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of over 75 Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
- Work closely within the team, both with UX and UI designers, and with the wider product and development teams to design end to end interface flows for our products and their experience using an iterative process.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that succinctly illustrate user journeys, content structure / hierarchy and navigation to create compelling and empathetic user experiences.
- Conduct user research, gather requirements and study usage to provide recommendations in written and visual form, backed up with the rationale behind them.
- Present and defend UX decisions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyse and test existing interfaces to suggest improvements.
- Perform quality control on all our products and your solutions to ensure concepts and implemented functionality are usable and match specifications.
- Help to promote and improve the UX process, contribute to the design system and champion testing, research and better UX throughout the business.
- 2+ years professional experience, at least 1 of which must have been in a professional capacity within a technology focussed environment.
- Excellent knowledge in UX design processes and methodologies, understanding of current UX/UI trends and the ability to spot a good or bad one.
- Experience with an array of appropriate wireframe, collaboration & prototyping tools (Invision, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD etc.) – Sketch is our primary tool, but prior experience is not essential.
- Experience of web technologies, analytics, accessibility, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design.
- The ability to work with product and technology experts and to communicate and explain your ideas to them.
- Be able to learn quickly and meet high expectations, have a collaborative/team player approach to work with strong communication skills, and be able to give and receive feedback.
- Comfortable with English in both speech and writing, although we have offices in Sweden, Austria, Germany, Cyprus and elsewhere (so there is opportunity to travel).
- Experience designing for complex transactional interfaces and back office platforms, e.g. within the sports betting or financial industries.
- Skills and experience in converting your UX into pixel perfect UI designs.
- Understanding and experience of agile work practices.
- Familiarity with web development techniques and HTML/CSS etc.
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech BGT Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech BGT Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.