We are currently seeking Graduate, Junior and Mid-level Software developers across our various teams within Playtech Sports.
As a Software Developer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of over 100 Software Developers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we’re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible. Your role as a Python Developer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is essential as is experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
- Development of our Sportsbook product and applications.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
Depending on level:
- Experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python).
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL
- Datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
Also a Plus:
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or
- Personal website.
About Playtech BGT Sports
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology.
We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.